Drawing on his own experience writing Kick and Pop!, Mitch covers everything you need to know to bring your characters to life:
- How to reconnect with your childhood
- What’s in a name?
- How to introduce characters
- How to reveal information to readers
- How to write dialogue
- How to use humour
- How to use perspective and voice
- Crafting memorable villains and compelling support characters
Mitch Johnson is an award-winning writer of children’s books. His debut novel, Kick, was endorsed by Amnesty International UK for its portrayal of children’s rights and has been translated into multiple languages. In 2018, Kick won the Branford Boase Award, a prize given to the most promising children’s book by a debut author. Mitch’s second novel, Pop!, was published in February 2021 by Orion. Mitch lives in Norwich with his family.