LGBTQ+ Writer Development & Networking Day
Join us and connect with LGBTQ+ writers from the East of England and beyond. Find out what the National Centre for Writing and Out on the Page can do for you. Includes Q&A sessions with guest writer Jon Ransom and an agency working with under-represented writers.
For Pride Month we’ve partnered with the Out on the Page for their first regional networking event. Out on the Page is a catalyst for change; to connect, develop and promote LGBTQ+ writers and writing.
The day will be facilitated by Paul Bradley, Out on the Page’s Artistic Director, along with Flo Reynolds from NCW and Jo Leigh-Lock, OOTP’s Membership Administrator. It will be a relaxed event but we aim to cover a lot of ground, including:
- meet eachother, tell our writing stories
- find out what Out on the Page and the National Centre for Writing has to offer.
- find out from you individually and as a group, what you need
- explore the possibility of a regional network/group of LGBTQ+ writers
- goal setting workshop with Paul
- an introduction to our LGBTQ+ Writers Resource List – free copy provided at the event
- lunch (BYO) – drinks will provided throughout the day
- writer Q&A with local LGBTQ+ author John Ransom, author of The Whale Tattoo
- agent/publisher rep (tbc)
- thoughts on beyond the day
However, we know from experience that the greatest benefit comes from giving you time and space to chat and discuss writing with other LGBTQ+ writers.
Tickets £40. Partial bursaries available.