Tom Cox is on the pod talking about his TWO new books out this year, Notebook (out now!) and Villager (out later!). Tom talks to Steph about the inspiration behind his books, including having his backpack stolen and finding himself stranded in Bristol, the importance of place in his writing (and life) and why he turned to Unbound to publish his most recent work. It’s a funny, informative and honest look back at an unusual career. As Tom says, “I’m a bit hard to sum up.”
Hosted by Steph McKenna and Simon Jones, who also introduce the judges for the 2021 UEA New Forms Award and Laura Kinsella Fellowship (you’ll never guess), plus the brand new Writer’s Toolkit Online courses for poets and fiction writers.
Here’s some useful links:
- UEA New Forms Award: http://nationalcentreforwriting.org.uk/uea-award/
- Laura Kinsella Fellowship: https://nationalcentreforwriting.org.uk/laura-kinsella-fellowship/
- All of our Writer’s Toolkit Online courses (including the free ones!): https://courses.nationalcentreforwriting.org.uk/
- Some places are still available on our premium Creative Writing Online courses: https://nationalcentreforwriting.org.uk/creative-writing-online/
- Tom’s website: https://tom-cox.com/
- The Unbound crowdfunding page for Villager: https://unbound.com/books/villager/
- Join our Discord community: https://discord.gg/3G39dRW
Music by Bennet Maples.